RE: Coronavirus Concerns
At St. Joseph's we take the health and safety of our students and staff very seriously. We would like to share the advice from Public Health England on Coronavirus with you; full guidance can be found here:
A full list of affected areas including maps, can be found here:
Preventing the Spread of Infection
General principles to follow to prevent spreading of the respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren't available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don't attend work or school
- Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue and dispose of the tissue in a bin
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home
If you're worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111. Don't go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
As the situation is changing on a daily basis, we will be monitoring the situation and following advice from Public Health England.
Mr P. Hughes