In December 2018, St. Joseph’s was inspected under Section 48 of the Education Act. The inspectors were extremely positive about our students and many aspects of the Catholic life of the college. Their comments include:
- The college’s strong Catholic ethos pervades every aspect of its life and is highly valued by all its members due to the strong commitment of leaders and governors.
- Students benefit significantly from the college’s strong, inclusive community, enriched by its ethnic diversity and high quality of relationships between staff and students.
- The behaviour of students is exemplary; they are acutely alert to the needs of others and seek justice for all within and beyond the college community.
- The quality of pastoral care shown to all members of the community, both students and staff, is outstanding.
- The chaplaincy provision is highly effective in supporting and promoting the Catholic life of the school. ‘Faith in action’ is a model of good practice in the college.
- Overall, students make good progress in Religious Education (RE).
Please follow the link above if you wish to see the report.